Starting Date: 01-28-2006
Ending Date: 01-30-2006
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17101
United StatesWho: Student environmental activists from across the state
What: This summit will give you the skills to organize for clean energy on your campus and in your community:
* CAMPAIGN PLANNING: How to plan, implement, and run an effective environmental campaign. We use the Sierra Club Matrix to teach the most essential skills needed to effect real change.
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS: How to say what you mean, with confidence and persuasion – be it to the media, to fellow group members, to your representative, or the public.
* ORGANIZING 101: How to start and run an effective organization; everything from recruiting folks, to running a meeting, to developing new leaders to ensure that your organization continues once you graduate.
At the Summit:
* Hear inspirational and informative talks from the nation’s environmental leaders.
Brendan Bell Associate Washington Representative in the Sierra Club’s Global Warming Program
Brian O'Malley Media Specialist on Global Warming, Energy, Human Rights for the Sierra Club
Charles Church Member of the Sierra Club Atlantic Chapter's Global Warming Committee
Donald A. Brown, Esq. Senior Counsel for Sustainable Development, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
and a special performance by spoken-word artist Vanessa German, winner of the National Slam Bush Finals.
* Meet with your state representatives in Harrisburg to talk about Global Warming and clean energy.
Cost: The registration fee is set up on a sliding scale, from $25-$50. Please pay what you can afford.
**Special Group Rate- $80 for 4 people**
Make the check payable to “SSC” and send it to our DC office:
Sierra Student Coalition
408 C. Street, N.E.
Washington, DC 20002
Where: Harrisburg, PA
We have money available for travel scholarships!
When: January 28th (Saturday morning) to January 30th (Monday afternoon))
Geographical Scope: State