Starting Date: 07-14-2006
Ending Date: 07-16-2006
United StatesFlunk the War Machine!
Student Peace Action Summit
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
July 14th - July 16th, 2006
Join SPAN for an awesome weekend of interactive trainings, workshops, and movement building! There will be opportunities for youth & students to connect with other young organizers as well as seasoned peace activists from throughout the National Peace Action Network.
* Share successful organizing skills, techniques and events.
* Strategize and develop SPAN campaigns for the next year.
* Brainstorm ways we can mobilize the youth vote for peace & justice in November.
* Create new grassroots leadership for the Student Peace Action Network.
* Hear Tom Hayden, co-founder of Students for a Democratic Society and longtime activist, speak about strategic organizing to end the war.
* Meet courageous members of Iraq Veterans Against the War and counter-recruitment activists.
* Enjoy entertainment, community-building, and much more!
Speakers will include national peace leaders:
Rep. Lynn Woolsey
(D-CA) Author & Activist
Tom Hayden Rep. John Conyers
Members of Iraq Veterans Against the War
Use the form below to register online for the SPAN Summit and apply for travel and housing scholarships.
A reduced registration fee of $15 is requested of all participants that can afford to pay.
After you register, you can pay online (preferred) or at the door. If you are applying for a housing and/or travel scholarship, please answer all of the questions below and we'll get back to you within a week. Scholarship requests are due by Friday, June 30, 2006. Questions? Email SPAN@Peace-Action.org or call 301-565-4050 ext. 322.
Geographical Scope: National