Starting Date: 10-04-2006
Starting Time: 7:30pm
252 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6
416-979-3939The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
Featuring internationally respected author David Korten
Wednesday, October 4
7:30 pm (doors open at 7:00pm)
252 Bloor Street West, Toronto
Pay What You Can (recommended $5.00)
What does it mean to build a sustainable global society? How do we go beyond the conflicts and habits that limit our collective potential and threaten our future? What can we do as individuals and organizations to
play a role in this great transformation?
Join acclaimed author David C. Korten as he addresses the themes and explorations of his most recent book, The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community.
Mr. Korten is best known as the author of When Corporations Rule the World (1995), and as board chair and co-founder of the Positive Futures Network, which publishes Yes! Magazine.
The event will also feature a book signing by Mr. Korten.
This event is hosted by Green Enterprise Toronto (www.greenenterprise.net)
and the following sponsors:
* Grassroots Environmental Products
* The Transformative Learning Centre at OISE
* Centre for Social Innovation
* Raincoast Books
* The Centre for Social Justice
* Faith and the Common Good Network
* Business and Environment Program, York University Faculty of
* Justice, Global and Ecumenical Relations Unit, United Church of
For more information, visit www.greenenterprise.net/event
Geographical Scope: Local