Starting Date: 07-27-2007
Ending Date: 07-29-2007
University Of Richmond School Of Law
United StatesOrganized by: National Immigrant Solidarity Network
Mark your calendar! Please come to attend our 2007 national grassroots immigrant strategy conference at Richmond, VA!
Our conference will be based on our May Day 2007 call to action:
1) No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
2) No to militarization of the border.
3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
4) No to the guest worker program.
5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.
6) Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
7) Yes to speedy family reunification.
8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
10) Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant legislation.
We envision this as a grassroots activist conference of broad-based, multiethnic organizers from African American, Native American, African immigrant, Asian American, Latino/Latina, Arab-Muslim-North African, progressive labor, interfaith, LGBT, student, anti-war/peace and global justice groups from across the country. To meet face-to-face and discuss how to build a new national, broad-based, immigrant rights/civil rights movement, and to set a 6-9 month national strategy for the 2007-2008.
During our 3-days conference, we'll have over 30 workshops and plenary, the topics include: Congressional Legislation, Militarization of the Border Immigrant Detention and Deportation, Labor Organizing, Student/Youth Organizing, Education & Outreach, Multi-Ethnic Organizing, Community Support Network and Diverse Tactics to Achieve Goals.
Please come to join the movement! See you July in Richmond, VA!
Yesterday We Marched
Today We Organized
Tomorrow We'll Achieve Our Dreams and Goals!
Lee Siu Hin
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
Geographical Scope: National