Starting Date: 02-13-2011
Starting Time: 9:00am
CUNY Murphy Institute For Worker Education And Lab
25 West 43rd Street, 18th Floor
New York, New York 10036
202-460-5199Who: Organizing 2.0 is a grassroots led conference of social justice organizers primarily from labor and the community organizing world. Participants range from those new to online organizing as well as experienced professionals.
What: Organizing 2.0 Conference - specific training to improve labor, political, and community activists' on-line and media skill sets, bearing in mind the wide range of skill level of staff at labor, political, and community activist organizations.
Possible Workshop Topics include:
- "How to Help Organizations Get Over the Digital Divide to Embrace On-Line Tools"
- Blue State Digital workshop http://www.bluestatedigital.com/
- SALSA workshop http://salsalabs.com/o/8001/p/salsa/website/labs/index
- Simple Video Editing For The Web training
- "ABCs of Data Informed Street Campaigns" workshop
- "How to Make Effective Digital Strategy Choices Before Investing Time and
Money in On-Line Tools"
- "10 Major Skill Sets Your Staff Needs To Have To Operate In The Digital World
and How to Budget For Them"
- "How to Use On-Line Tools In Internal and External PR Mobilization Campaigns"
When: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 9am-5pm
Where: CUNY Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies
CUNY Murphy Institute
for Worker Education and Labor Studies
25 West 43rd Street, 18th floor
New York , NY 10036
Cost: Tickets: $100, CUNY Students $ 50
Contact: Charles Lenchner 202-460-5199
Geographical Scope: State