Starting Date: 05-23-2005
Starting Time: 6:00pm
Robin's Books (2nd Floor)
108 S. 13th St., Center City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
215-552-8722Support the Uhuru Movement & African community struggle for democratic rights and justice!
• Videos of victims families speaking out & community resistance to police terror in St. Petersburg, FL
• Mary Edwards - stop the forced displacement of African communities!
• Kamau Becktemba - Uhuru Movement
20 years ago the city of Philadelphia dropped a bomb on the MOVE family, murdering eleven men, women & children & destroying 61 homes. No one has ever been held accountable for the hideous crime, & MOVE members are portrayed in the media as responsible for it.
85 year old Mary Edwards is facing $4 million in fines from the Borough of Media for phony housing citations. African people are losing their homes & communities to greedy speculators & white families.
In St. Petersburg, Florida, sheriffs murdered Marquell McCullough & Jarrell Walker - young, unarmed African men. The outraged community & Uhuru Movement are under attack for resisting state-sponsored terror.
Learn the Truth & Take Action!
• While the city of Philadelphia portrays the African community as bringing the violence on itself, the reality is the the government is waging a vicious attack against the black community here & in cities all over the U.S.
• White developers and home-buyers are greedily gobbling up huge sectors of North, South & West Philly. To clear African families out of their neighborhoods the police have intensified the daily harassment, massive arrests and brutal containment of the community.
• The Uhuru Movement is leading the organized struggle for real change to empower the black community. In St. Pete the Movement is under serious attack for working for social & economic justice. We must defend the democratic rights of the African community!
JOIN UHURU SOLIDARITY MOVEMENT!
215-552-8722 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Geographical Scope: Local