The Social Front
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201
United StatesWe are one of the largest chapters of Students for a Democratic Society since its national revival in 2006.
1. We believe that the international military posture of the United States is fundamentally flawed.
2. We believe that the ongoing war in Iraq is detrimental to the well-being of both the Iraqi people and the global community as a whole.
3. We believe that the structure of unrestrained corporate capitalism is unethical and undemocratic.
4. We oppose the efforts of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Trade Organization to reduce "Third World" nations to a state of perpetual poverty and debt.
5. We believe that environmental policy, on all levels, must pursue immediate sustainability.
6. We stand in solidarity with all members of our global society whose voices are muted, whose concerns are marginalized, and whose basic human rights are violated.
7. We believe that the U.S. justice system is fundamentally biased and unbalanced.
8. We believe that the University should be a place of learning and that students should have a larger voice in the structuring of the institution.
We are a national organization willing to work with anyone with a serious desire to reform our country, the educational system, our environmental policies and social systems, etc.
If you are interested in starting an SDS chapter or simply want to stand united with us under the banner of the New Revolution, give us (or any SDS) a shout!
This is a campus group.
Geographical Scope: Metro
Added on 03-28-2009
Updated on 04-05-2009