Delta State University, Anwai, Asaba, Delta State
+2347030357165BARA LEADERS NETWORK
Bara leaders network (BLN) is a Christ inspired non-governmental, non-religious non-denominational network of young leaders across the nation. We are focused on youth leadership development and general capacity building. We are a network of young leaders and aspiring leaders across the nation that is synergizing our nations’ wealth of intelligent and talented youths towards national good.
We conceptualize leadership as the lifestyle and activity of self discovery, capacity building and taking continuous responsibility towards personal and societal development. Our nation (Nigeria) is at a state of leadership deficiency, made conspicuous by a vast lack of leadership character such as integrity, accountability, innovation and responsibility.
BLN believes that the youth phase of life ought to be the peak of productive activities. It is a time of vigor and for exploring of the gifting and inner abilities placed on them by God. Unfortunately, many have missed this and terminated their destinies. Our present generation is failing in producing adequate and quality young leaders who can take over the responsibility of leadership. African youths are constantly been intimidated, demoralized and de-motivated by our national leaders especially those in politics. Hence, many have lost patriotic zeal. If not checked this will further produce national leaders who will be defiant and careless towards national improvement as exacerbated by lack of positive mentoring, corrupt amassment of wealth and unpatriotic acts carried out by our leaders in positions of authority. To change this is the burden of BARA LEADERS NETWORK.
In BLN we see a generation of young active and patriotic citizens, who are pursuing their purpose of existence in various sphere of life/career, developing entrepreneurship and volunteering themselves for national service (and/or community services). BLN is raising a generation of people who will do the right things even when there are reasons to compromise.
WHAT IS BARA
BARA is a Hebrew word which means “to create” from a non-existing substance as found in Gen 2:7-when God formed man from dust. We believe every youth can fly and has all the innate abilities to do so. Like Socrates, BLN is a midwife to help deliver the pregnancy (potentials) of the youths. Bara believes that the best future is the one created, not predicted. BLN is pioneering a new generation.
To be the largest group committed to raising young active leaders in Nigeria.
To create an avenue for self empowerment for our members and champion national transformation initiatives by establishing network group; organizing meetings, conferences, projects and community development services.
We want to create a forum where young people can explore their god-given intelligence, dream and fulfill their god-given visions. We will further network them with other youths of like passion and with our initiatives reach out to our ever needy society. In BLN we raise people to be as solution to the problems and not problems to the solution.
• To provide a platform for constant and dynamic training via our campus and off-campus network group meetings.
• To provide leadership training and other human capacity development programs to 5000 youths annually.
• To help discover, nurture and launch young people with talents.
• To mobilize young citizens for national development initiatives and community development services.
• To promote entrepreneurship amongst youth in Africa through advocacy, training and networking.
• To drive a TV programme in each of the state’s television and/ or private television stations across the nation
• To provide scholarship/educational development funds to intelligent but financially less privileged students in primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education.
• To establish the arm of BLN in secondary schools (YOUNG-HOT & FRESH forum)
• To promote woman empowerment initiative.
• To operate a network that encourages reading culture, research and writing. And to publish publication of articles, magazine, books, newsletters and journals.
• To award excellence of various degrees to young achievers and role models in the society.
• To raise members who will be partners in fulfilling the vision and mission of BLNN.
• To partner with similar organization for the vision’s sake.
- Responsibility - Volunteerism - Personal development
- Integrity -Talent - Faith
- Leadership -GOSPEL - Patriotism
- Entrepreneurship - Research/education -Sexuality
• WHO IS NEXT (WIN)
This is a broad vision. A mandate received in 2009 to raise 100,000 young leaders of integrity and responsibility in Nigeria through leadership training seminars by 2015. On the areas of:
- Personal & financial INTEGRITY -Patriotism - Innovativeness
- Motivation -Study habit -Organizational leadership
- Mental transformation -Social response/advocacy -sexuality management
• 3600 LIFE CONFERENCE
This is an annual conference that will empowers participants on leadership, relationship, career, entrepreneurship, spiritual empowerment and purposeful living. The overall purpose is to lead our participants into a richer life by exploring various area of man’s existence.
• WOMEN-IN-NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (WIND)
This programme is designed to strategically reach out to the female gender in our society. It is aimed at raising career ladies who will be economic, spiritual and mental giants. The programme will also entail training on Relationship, Domestic/home and family management training will.
• PRAY FOR NAIJA (P4N)
This is a forum where we take national successes and problems to God in prayers. We discuss national issues and plead God’s mercy upon our land and leaders.
• TAKE THE MIC
This is a public speaking and debating competition organized to showcase the speaking prowess of the network members and award excellence. We wish to encourage more leaders to build their speaking skill because we believe that the incoming leaders must be able to articulate their ideas, thoughts and vision.
• BARA INITIATIVE SUPPORT PROGRAMMES
These are other events and ideas of our members that we wish to support financially and through participation as a network for the good of mankind.
• 360o TALK SHOW
A monthly organized open talk show on current political, socio-economic, religious issues or reflecting our thematic areas with well informed resource persons.
• BARA LEADERSHIP TV REALITY PROGRAMME ( Coming soon)
This is a TV reality programme that will attract young leaders from various states of the nation to test their intelligence and leadership abilities. It is to act as a platform for showcasing incoming leaders to the private and public sectors.
We wish to retain interested persons who participate in our programmes/projects to become members of the vision.
This is a campus group.
Geographical Scope: National
Added on 10-18-2011
Updated on 10-18-2011